19 year old Kathryn is a Freeskier from California...
Favorite Trick: Switch 180, Misty 5
Why do I ski:
I ski because it makes me feel genuinely happy. Weather I’m floating through powder, or sending it off a cliff, or messing around in the park, I always have a huge smile on my face. I’m always so stoked to get out on my skis and learn a new trick. The mountain is my happy place.
What skiing means to me:
Skiing is happiness. Its hard work and it’s rewarding. When I stomp a new trick for the first time, it gets me so pumped. I can’t really describe the feeling of it. When I am in the mountain, all my troubles disappear and it’s just me and the mountain and my friends that I ski with. I have nothing to worry about when I’m skiing.
• Boreal Expression Sessions #1 (12/6/13)
• USASA- South Tahoe Series Rail Jam #1 (1/5/14): 2nd Place
• USASA- South Tahoe Series Slopestyle #1 (1/26/14): 1st Place
• USASA- South Tahoe Series Slopestyle #1 (1/13/13): 1st Place
• USASA- Southern California Series Rail Jam #2 (1/26/13): 1st Place
• USASA- Southern California Series Slopestyle #1 (1/27/13): 1st Place
• USASA- Southern California Series Slopestyle #2 (1/27/13): 1st Place
• SCCSC/USCSA Regionals at Sugar Bowl, CA (2/23/13-2/24/13): 2nd Place
• SCCSC/USCSA Nationals at Sun Valley, ID (March 4th to March 9th, 2013): 4th Place
• For 2012-2013 Season:
o Ranked 4th Nationally for ages 16 to 18 in USASA Women’s Slopestyle
o Ranked 4th Nationally in USCSA Women’s Slopestyle.